Monday, October 20, 2014

Rice Creek Watershed District (RCWD) and Town Board Election

Greetings,
I just received a call from Harley Ogata.  Harley lives on Hugo Rd. Harley has been on the board for the RCWD.  In his tenure he has helped to guide the Alum treatment, the Oneka Ridge golf course re-use irrigation project and the dam replacement.   He has served us well!
Harley is resigning from the board.  Harley has represented Ramsey County, so we need someone from Ramsey County to step up and volunteer for the board.  You will need to decide quickly, the decision will be in November.  Harley would be glad to talk to anyone that is interested in taking on this role.  You can contact Harley at: 653-0885

I think you can also contact Phil Belfiori at:

Phone:

 (763) 398-3071

I took this photo on my way home from work.  It is the little lake next to the Gateway trail crossing on Hwy 96.  The sunset couldn't have been lined up any better and it just looked spectacular. Good thing I had my camera.
(click photo to enlarge)

(The following is only relevant to White Bear Township residents.)
On another note, I was trying to find out who is running for a spot on the White Bear Township board.  It took me a while, but I finally found the info. There are two seats open.  Seat A and Seat B.  People running for seat A are:
- Kevin Chandler
- Ronald J. Denn
- Steve Ruzek
For Seat B, Robert Kermes is unopposed.
I know very little about these candidates.  But, I do know that one of our neighbors is hosting a meet and greet for Steve Ruzek.  Tom Fiutak and his wife, Colet are hosting the gathering at 5770 West Bald Eagle Blvd, next Sunday evening, the 26th. 6:30  - 7:30pm.  If you are interested in finding out more about Steve, you can contact Tom at 651-724-1822 or.

I wouldn't have normally announced this, but I would hate for any of us to be ignorant of the candidates when we get our ballot.

I got to the sample ballot for my location via: http://xnet.co.ramsey.mn.us/elections/precinct_finder/ , then clicked on the sample ballot.
Obviously, if you don't live in WBT or Ramsey County this won't be of much interest for you.

Regards,
Jim Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment