Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall colors & Bald Eagle Island

Fall colors are amazing this year, so I went out last weekend to find some beautiful sights to photograph.  I have a favorite road just north of H2 on Centerville, in North Oaks.  It was prime last weekend.  I also drove around the neighborhoods near Pine Tree Lake (east of White Bear Lake) and found some beautiful settings to photograph.

Then on Tuesday, I brought my camera to work so that I could take some pictures in the evening in Stillwater and along Hwy 96.  I have been wanting to take pictures on this route in the fall since I started working in Somerset almost two years ago.  But last fall was such a bust for fall colors that I didn't see anything worth photographing.  Finally, this year's colors are amazing.  I don't think I have ever seen more beautiful fall colors.

So... This link will get you to my favorite shots of my two shoots.  Hope you enjoy.

Here's one of them:


On a Bald Eagle Island development front, the proposed development got a tie vote from the planning commission.  The next big event for this project is before the Town Board.

Public Hearing on the Bald Eagle Island Project
Nov. 3rd at 7:00 p.m. at Heritage Hall.

This could be an emotionally charged event.  If you want to have a say in whether it passes or not, I suggest you make it a point to attend.  I suspect it will be standing room only.

Regards,
Jim Moore
President, BEAA



No comments:

Post a Comment