Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Great water clarity and beautiful sunsets to kick start the summer months.

I'm sure you have all noticed the continued clarity of the lake.  My last Secchi disk reading was two weeks ago at 12 1/2'.  Mike Doran just measured 16' near the north sailing buoy!  So nice to see.

The debris that was on my beach earlier this year has melted away, consumed by the lake.

It is the season for battling the Purple Loosestrife invasion.  As I said in an earlier email, we are going to be collecting beetles at White Bear Pkwy and Hwy 96 at 9 am Saturday (6/6) and then dispersing them to the large infestations.  We can use your help.  Contact Tom Weyandt at: weyandt12@msn.com.

We will also be investigating controlling the invasion with chemicals this year.

There are a few interesting articles on Lake Management that I have read recently: Zebra Mussels and Lake Management: What Works.

We've had a few beautiful sunsets.  Here are the best of my collection this spring.
(You can click on a photo to see a larger image.)






No other news to report.  Enjoy the season.

Regards,
Jim Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment